- Windows 7 press Windows key+R and type as regedit
- In Windows XP or Earlier versions Start->Run then type “regedit”
- The Registry Editor will open
- In the left column following the tree structure like Windows Explorer goto:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE => SYSTEM => CurrentControlSet => Services => USBSTOR
- In the right pane of USBSTOR some list will be shown.
- Right click on the item of name START
- Select MODIFY
- A new window will pop up and you will see VALUE NAME : Start and Value Data is : 3
- To disable USB ports: change the Value for “3″ to “4″ and to enable USB ports: change the value from “4” to “3”
Dont forget to check your USB devices whether working or not..
If you are satisfied don’t forget to visit my site on Search Engine Ranking